If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Sr Engineer - Software Testing based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- At Eaton India Innovation Center, Electrical Engineering Services and Systems Division (EESSD) currently has an opening for a Lead Engineer who is passionate about his or her craft.The Lead Software QA will be responsible for developing the necessary test automation software for the development of a new Microgrid Control product. The role includes collaboration with the microgrid and energy transition marketing and engineering teams, Microgrid Control Product Team, and DERMs Center of Excellence.
- So, if you’re an experienced software test engineer yearning to grow with the latest software technologies and trends such as IoT, test automation, big data, open source, DevOps, microservices, mobile, and cybersecurity, this is the position for you! Not only will you be working with some amazing technology, you’ll also be part of an enthusiastic team of software professionals working to make an immediate organizational impact and having lots of fun along the way!
- Microgrid Control product will define test strategy, develop test plans, test scripts and procedures to verify functionality of our Embedded and Application Software for Microgrid Control Product in the electrical power distribution industry. Success in this position requires the ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment, strong motivation for pursuing project objectives and the ability to learn new techniques and development processes. We are looking for candidates who can see the bigger picture; strength in a system-level viewpoint is a must. Problem solvers who are excited about learning new technologies, coding scripts, and designing infrastructure in an automation-first environment will excel in this environment."
- Main roles and responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the architecture, design, development, deployment, monitoring, and maintenance of cloud based digital solutions at scale.
- Develops detailed test plans, specifications, test cases, test scripts and test data sets that validate functional, performance requirements and update existing test procedures based on requirement changes and test analysis.
- Implements robust, scalable, high quality Test Automation Suites within a Continuous Integration and Deployment environment to improve quality and productivity of functional, regression, and system tests.
- Contribute to the development of the agile software engineering processes
Be proactive in writing tests and testing to ensure quality production code.
- Assist other members of the engineering team in the integration of various backend and frontend components
- Demonstrate, present, and document solutions by using flowcharts, diagrams, code comments, code snippets, and performance instruments.
- Provide work estimates and participate in design, implementation, and code reviews.
Define, create, maintain the automation framework
Author high-quality test automation code.
- Ensure the automation framework is scalable, maintainable for functional testing, concurrency, performance, reliability
Ensure the design pattern and automation framework meets the test automation expectations for the product
Work with test team to ensure adequate and appropriate test case coverage; investigate and fix bugs in test framework."
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- 6+ years of experience in Software quality assurance
- 6+ years of experience with Java, C#, C++, Python, HTML or other scripting languages.
- 6+ years of experience in automation framework and API Testing "
- Basic Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience testing enterprise grade, highly scalable web-based applications and/or distributed systems.
- 3+ years of V&V experience in Microsoft technologies, Development experience with Microsoft Azure a plus.
- 2+ years in teams applying modern agile software development practices such as SCRUM, etc.
- Knowledge of Web protocols, experience with Azure, Java/Kotlin/Spring-Boot/Python, Kubernetes, and Kafka are desirable
- Excellent level skills in Python, C++ / C# / Visual Studio / Visual Code,
- Experience with dynamic web application frameworks (e.g. AngularJS, React, etc.)
Experience with networking protocols and concepts (websockets, http, tcp, mqtt, amqp)
Knowledge in cross-environments, cloud-based automation system development lifecycle
- Proven experience with test plan development, automated testing, and continuous integration
- Must have proven track record of validating high quality products.
Experience working in an Agile SCRUM development lifecycle.
- Proficient in Data Driven testing approaches.
Understanding of relational database design and testing against SQL Server.
- Worked on defining and implementing System Automation Test Framework for any projects.
- Proficient understanding of Source Control software and Code Collaboration tools (Git, SVN, etc.); experience with Issue and Project Tracking software (JIRA, Confluence, etc.).
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
Eaton is an intelligent power management company dedicated to improving the quality of life and protecting the environment for people everywhere. We are guided by our commitment to do business right, to operate sustainably and to help our customers manage power ? today and well into the future. By capitalizing on the global growth trends of electrification and digitalization, we’re accelerating the planet’s transition to renewable energy, helping to solve the world’s most urgent power management challenges, and doing what’s best for our stakeholders and all of society. Founded in 1911, Eaton has been listed on the NYSE for nearly a century. We reported revenues of $19.6 billion in 2021 and serve customers in more than 170 countries.
Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030.
Eaton is committed to having a workforce that is diverse and non-discriminatory at all levels, reflecting the diversity of our customers and the varied environments in which we conduct business around the world. Our success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best people unlimited by race, color, social or economic status, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any protected status. Eaton follows relevant non-discrimination laws and regulations in the countries where we operate. It is the policy of the Company to make all decisions regarding employment, including hiring, compensation, training, promotions, transfers, or lay-offs, based on the principle of equal employment opportunity as defined above.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time